Many of us reprove the overuse of mobile applications installed on our smartphones as the prime reason behind increasing obesity issues, health problems, and even early death. But is it really so?
While many applications are keeping us magnetized to our phones and turning us to sloths, there are many mobile apps improving the kind of healthcare services we get. There are thousands of health mobile apps that help the patients connect with the best local doctors, book an appointment without standing in the endless queue, stay fit without hitting the gym, learn more about the prescribed medicines, and much more.
With so many benefits of healthcare mobile apps for patients, the main questions that arise are – Are these apps useful to healthcare service providers as well? Do these apps have any benefit to doctors, besides connecting with patients? Is this the right time to look forward to investing in healthcare mobile app development?
If you are someone in the healthcare industry and are curious to get answers to these questions, keep reading. This article will cover the benefits of mobile health apps to the healthcare service providers and why you should look forward to healthcare mobile application development.
Benefits of MHealth Applications to Healthcare Professionals
The mobile technology is healthcare is bringing a drastic change in their processing via different ways. Some of the popular ways are as follows:
- More efficient workflow process: The mobile technology in healthcare industry is proving to be a core piece, with streamlined processes. The apps are making it easier to book consultations, coordinate with the doctors and reallocate the consultations in case of emergency. They are helping the healthcare service providers to check the real-time working status of people and machines. This way, it is helping the doctors and hospital authority to remove the unproductive time and better utilize the assets. In addition to this, the proper utilization of machines and tools is also helping in mitigating the demand for more machines and thus, cutting down the cost.
- Better Patient Experience: By facilitating options like route navigation, automatic check-in and check out, location-based offers, 24/7 communication, remote consultation and real-time monitoring, the mHealth applications are opening new doors for catering the needs of the patients. Besides, the mobile apps are also helping in cooperating with the patients’ anxiety and fear using the VR technology.
- Remote Monitoring and Accurate Diagnosis: Thanks to mobile healthcare applications, it is possible for the healthcare service providers to consult the users in the other corner of the world. They can easily coordinate in real-time, share the real-time health data and proceed to accurate treatment and prescription.
- Prevent Errors caused by Manual intervention: From booking consultations to medical prescription and payment, all the processes can be automated via mobile applications. This, in turn, can eliminate the risk of errors and eventually lessen the cost.
- Track medications throughout the hospital/clinic: The mobile application, with real-time access to data and notifications, can keep you updated with the medicine flow. This can be a great advantage over counterfeit pharmaceutical supply, and in providing exemplary services to patients.
Want to dig more benefits of healthcare mobile apps for patients and healthcare service providers? Consult with the top healthcare mobile app development company today itself.
Healthcare Mobile App Development – Is it the Right time to Invest in?
Regardless of the vast perks of mHealth applications to the healthcare industry, if you are still confused to invest in mobile application development or not, here are a few stats for you:
- The global mHealth market is expected to hit $28 billion this year.
- As per the readings recorded in the first quarter of 2018, there are about 47,911 iOS healthcare mobile apps, with a 0.48 rise when compared to former quarter reading.
- 80% of patients surveyed said they are using mobile devices in their daily practices.
- 93% of healthcare service providers believe that mHealth applications will enhance patient’s health.
- 31% of organizations surveyed by HIMSS are employing mobile apps for patient engagement, while 30% are interested in healthcare mobile application development.
- The introduction of technologies, like AI, AR/VR, Blockchain, and IoT is predicted to bring a wave of disruption in the industry, making it necessary for all the health professionals to look into the matter.
- The market for mobile technology in healthcare is forecasted to reach $206 billion by the year 2020.
- The mobile healthcare market is supposed to grow by 33% until the end of 2020.
Health mobile apps are transforming the way hospitals and clinics work in numerous ways (as discussed above). The technology is streamlining the health and care services, creating a hype to invest in healthcare mobile app development. So, if you are into the healthcare industry, adopt mobile technology and act more effectively and productively.